Submitting a KEG Application
Members must submit an application to start a KEG
. Applicants must:
Submit a KEG Application
- Identify which of the official knowledge lines the KEG to which the KEG will align:
- Administration; Cardiovascular; Disaster; Endocrine; Epidemiology/Outcomes;
- Ethics End of Life; GI/Nutrition; Hematology; Immunology
- Infection; Integument (skin); Neurology; Obstetrics;
- Patient and Family Support; Pharmacology; Procedures
- Professional Development; Pulmonary; Quality and Patient Safety;
- Renal; Resuscitation; Sepsis; Shock; Trauma
- Conduct a needs assessment survey and hold an in-person meeting that assesses the sustainability of the KEG. Applicants must describe their findings from these activities.
- Identify at least 50 Society members in good standing interested in joining the KEG. Use the KEG Member Applicant Form to collect names: https://bit.ly/2SFYpzk
- Names of two co-chairs with diamond or platinum engagement scores
Once a KEG is approved and established, leaders within the KEG are required to meet once a year, provide an annual report to the SCCM Council, and adhere to all SCCM bylaws and policies.
KEGs are not subparts of SCCM sections, but rather available to members across the Society. Sections may not form KEGs. KEGs do not receive Society funding but may apply through the Strategic Planning process for specific projects.
For additional information regarding KEGs or starting a group, contact Dominika Skarka