The Shubin-Weil Master Clinician/Teacher: Excellence in Bedside Teaching Award recognizes a Society of Critical Care Medicine (SCCM) member who is a role model in both the teaching and ethical practice of critical care. Nominees must have substantially furthered the expert and appropriate use of life support interventions. The awardee receives $500 and a medallion.
Deadline and Submission Has Been Extended
Applications are due June 1.
One nomination letter describing how the nominee meets the criteria is required, along with the nominee’s curriculum vitae.
One letter of support from his/her fellows including comments and examples of nominees’ fulfillment of the criteria is also required
Nominees should not be nationally or internationally well-known or recognized by their research efforts. Nominees must also:
- Be an SCCM section member
- Have a combination of attributes that make him/her a role model of excellence in both the teaching and ethical practice of critical care
- Have direct responsibility for patients
- Be recognized as an outstanding clinician and teacher who by example and leadership has substantially furthered the expert and appropriate use of life support interventions
- Although innovative and substantive contributions to clinical or basic research pertinent to critical care may be cited as additional considerations, this is not intended to be a primary or major criterion for selection.
Selection and Notification
The awardee is notified of by the SCCM president.
Questions related to this award may be directed to Carol Prendergast.